Vocational need

I have completed the classwork for my Master of Science in Counseling. I plan to counsel from a Biblical perspective and worldview, and also to do research. I need to have a practicum placement to finish the degree, and I’m having trouble finding a placement. I contacted the school. The registrar said I had to find the placement myself. One of the challenges is that i am 66 years old, and I’m wondering if people are hesitant due to my age. I don’t want to retire; I’m also trying to get in contact with the Social Security Office about benefits, and I can’t get through on the phone. I’ve sent emails requesting help. So - I might be working and drawing SS at the same time; sometimes there’s a decrease in benefits if you still work. Thank you all, in advance, for your prayers!

2 Likes

I believe it doesn’t matter how old you are. If you have something to offer God will bless you and find a place for you. Being patient is critical as you seek opportunities but even more vital is to keep your situation in constant prayer that God would lead you in the way you should go. I will keep you in my prayers as you seek God’s will for your employment.

I will pray for you Larry, May God guide and touch their heart so that they will accept you for your practicum.
I know people nowadays criticized someone like you because of your age, don’t mind them keep pursuing your goal.
Keep fighting Larry! I salute you for you!