Let God control our life

1 Corinthians 9:25-27 (NIV):
“Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”

These verses highlight the importance of self-control as a fruit of the Holy Spirit and a characteristic of a godly life. They emphasize that through God’s grace, we are empowered to exercise self-control over our thoughts, desires, and actions. Self-control enables us to resist temptation, make wise decisions, and live in a manner that honors God and reflects His character. It is a discipline that allows us to pursue a life of godliness, obedience, and faithfulness.

2 Likes

Surrendering control of our lives to God is an essential aspect of our faith and relationship with Him. When we allow God to take control, we acknowledge His sovereignty, wisdom, and perfect plan for our lives.

Surrendering to God is a daily process, and it may involve surrendering our desires, plans, fears, and even our failures. It requires faith and an ongoing commitment to trust in Him. As we yield to His control, we can experience the freedom, peace, and joy that come from living in alignment with His perfect will.