Are parishioners required to bless their pastor with gifts in excess of his salary and perhaps a bonus during the holiday season and pastor appreciation month?

I’m basing my question on this article where Pastor Laurence Funderburke chastised his congregation recently for not “blessing” him with an expensive luxury watch. Please see article: Pastor apologizes for calling congregation ‘broke' | Church & Ministries News

I was wondering about the context of the question, and the use of the word “required.” While it is nice that he apologized, there is really no other context to view the video from…what was in his heart came out. As an undershepherd he needs to be more concerned with what the Shepherd wants for him. What if the congregation all became very poor? If his flock couldn’t meet his carnal, fleshly expectations…would he leave them and go somewhere else?
Yes, 1st Timothy 5:17 does mention “double honor” for elders, BUT the context clearly shows that it applies to those who “labor in the word and doctrine.” The next verse reads "For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer is worthy of his wages.”
While this is not a commandment, there is a rather clear expectation of care and appreciation being shown to a pastor (elder) who is seriously devoted to the Lord, His word, and His flock…to feed the flock…not fleece them.