A Very Tough Two Years

I would like to request prayer for myself. Beginning in early 2020, I have had three close family members and three good friends pass away. In May 2020, my brother’s wife died following a short battle against cancer. In October 2020, my sister’s husband died from complications related to a diseased kidney. In March 2021, a close friend and former colleague died from complications from cancer. She was only 39 years old. Later that month, another friend and former colleague had a heart attack and died. In September 2021, my beloved father passed away after a four year battle against dementia. Finally, a good friend and former colleague lost her battle with COVID in January of this year. Needless to say, I feel like this has been a very dark season of grieving for me. Fortunately, each of the aforementioned people knew the Lord. I praise God for that. But it still has been a difficult road to travel. I guess I would just ask that you pray that God would give me a sense of peace, comfort, and purpose as I move forward. Thanks folks!

I’m sorry to hear that. Praying the comfort of God may wash over you.
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

• 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
1 Like

Praying for you and your loved ones. It is so comforting to know that they are all with the Lord now. I can understand how you feel in some way. My very special uncle passed from covid last year and I found myself breaking into tears in random times whenever I missed him. He was very critical of the Christian faith but we discovered in his journal he had accepted Jesus Christ in his heart. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: May God’s truth, faithfulness, and love fill your heart with peace and comfort.

1 Like